Mancetter is a Parish with much history. The Roman road, Watling Street forms its Northern boundary and the Romans built a fort or staging post here. in the 4th Century AD it was called Manduessedum. In fact it is believed that Boudicea, the Ancient British Queen fought her last battle against the Romans somewhere between Mancetter and Hartshill.
Apart from a Council Housing Estate and what remains of the extensive quarrying of the area, the Parish is still very rural. The River Anker flows through the water meadows on its way to meet the Tame at Tamworth, and the Coventry Canal, cut in the 1780s also passes through . Both the canal and the railway, built 1848, helped to transport material from local quarries.
Important names belonging to the Parish are Robert Glover and Joyce Lewis, the Protestant Martyrs, and the Bracebridge family.